Monday, December 22, 2014

2014 in Review: The Years Top Photos.

On Folsom Lake with Bayside Adventure Sports.
As the 2014 draws to a close I look back at some of my favorite places and pictures of the past year. This has been my first full calendar year living in California. The proximity to the lakes and rivers along with California's pleasant weather helped me to personal record of the most days on the water in the year. All in all I kayaked some 134 days in 2014.  Mostly on my friendly neighborhood Lake Natoma just down the hill. Its an easy trip to the water from my home. Other local trips included the Lower American River and Folsom Lake while further ones trips took me into the foothills and the Sierra.
While a good chunk of the paddling was done with my wife or solo, I also had the good fortune of kayaking with Erik Allen and members of Bayside Adventure Sports, The Sacramento Paddle Pushers and the gang at Current Adventures. Those groups introduced me to some new friends, fellow paddlers and new places to paddle, making it an exciting year. We all share the same passion of being outside on the water.
In 2015, I look for even more adventures on the water, trail and snow. Wishing all of you the same. Happy Holidays Everyone!

Breaking a record with Paddle Pushers.
San Juan Rapids
Portage to the River.
On the Lower American River.
Surfing on the South Fork.
Snowshoeing the Sierra
Heading up to the cable.
Lunch on Loon Lake
Over the Folsom rainbow
Record Breaking Day
Splashing at Squaw

End of the night on the American

Yoga and Kayaking

No comments:

Post a Comment